1. Trump will swear the oath today. It couldn't have happened without years of right-wing media hatred against Obama mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/2…
2. The conservative press became completely unhinged after Obama's election. Their audience was radicalized by that hate.
3. In his first 100 days, the nation was facing economic and financial collapse. Obama proposed stimulus and regulation in response.
4. Days before inauguration, Limbaugh said he hoped Obama failed, Ailes told Beck he wanted Fox to be "the Alamo," & the floodgates opened.
5. The new president was a Marxist. And a fascist. And a Nazi. And a Maoist and a Bolshevik. He was Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler.
6. He was “enslaving” our children and striving to create “chaos and depression” among Americans. He was trying to institute one-world gov't
7. This was all in the first 100 days. You can watch some of the highlights here: youtube.com/watch?v=rlFFIB…
8. Then Rick Santelli called for a tea party, Koch-backed groups started organizing them, and Fox became their megaphone.
9. For weeks, Fox championed the protests in dozens of segments and promos in the following weeks, told their audience to go.
10. Again, this was all in the first 100 days. Mass conservative uprising, driven by rw media, against stimulus and financial reform.
11. President Obama’s Marxist administration resulted in the longest streak of private sector job creation ever and a record stock market.
12. In the years to come, the “end of America as you know it” was always just around the corner. mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/2…
13. The rw audience was in a state of constant frenzy against Obama. And GOP establishment was happy as long as they were pointed at him.
14. As some moderate conservative commentators noted last year, they stood by and let their audience become "divorced from reality."
15. To whom did that audience turn? The guy who literally said Obama wasn't eligible to be president because he wasn't born here.
16. This was racist and crazy and backed to the hilt by Fox News. youtu.be/4-nLkNvb4T4
17. Trump became a rw hero because he attacked Obama and wouldn't back down. That gave him a big, durable GOP base when he ran for president
18. After years of listening to anti-Obama hate from right-wing talk and TV hosts, conservatives wanted someone who could match that hate.