1. Under cover of darkness Möbius slipped across the border. The guide was not there to meet him. He spent hours trying to find the pathway.
2. He was lost. He could hear dogs howling, the border guards shouting. Branches cut at his face as he ran. The moon was clouded over.
3. He crossed a stream, hoping it would clean his traces. But still the hounds pursued him. He could hear them behind, getting closer...
4. He stumbled on blindly and hit a fence, a wire fence. The borderline! He must’ve doubled back, in the confusion. He ran along its length.
5. He reached a hole, where the wire was cut open. Was this the same opening he’d made himself? He couldn’t tell. But he slipped through.
6. He ran on. Where else could he go? He no longer knew which country he was in. Branches, dogs howling, a stream, the border fence looming.
7. There was an opening. The fence formed a circle, and he was in the middle, that was the only explanation. He squeezed through the hole.
8. And he ran on in the dark, in the pitch black until he hit the fence and he squeezed through the hole, and he ran on in the dark...
9. The guards never did find him. The hounds followed his scent over land, across stream, through woods, until it faded away into thin air.