1) So, call me a masochist if you will, every so often I bomb a testbed PC with so-called adware/junkware applications. Install 'em all.
2) And then I let the adware - and it is very generous to describe them that way - run for a few days, to observe its behavior over time.
3) Here's a screenshot of what Process Explorer shows is running on the testbed right now. It is abhorrent and evil.
4) Some of these so-called "potentially unwanted apps" themselves installed malware - clickfraud and other garbage Trojans killing the CPU
5) One of these PUAs actually installed a goddamn bitcoin miner. It's the "suspended" app in the screenshot above. Unbelievable gall!
6) And another has hijacked all browser shortcuts by adding its own URL to the command line, forcing them to open a junk search engine page
7) So thanks, navsmart[.]info for insinuating yourself as my start page, even though I changed the settings #navdumb
8) And you really have to hand it to the namer of "wizzcaster" - it really is like you're casting wizz on my PC